- Live Online
- 10 Sessions
- START DATES
- 24th April 2021
This course is designed to briefly introduce new methods leading to a contemporary understandings of a number of selected verses in the Quran. This method intends to establish a consistent and coherent understanding of the Quran to release it from the perception that traditionally interpreted/translated many verses making them a source of radicalisation. This will highlight a clear-cut difference between the two readings; radicalised and deradicalised understandings and rulings.
COURSE INSTRUCTORS / CONTRIBUTORS
The course covers the following topics:
- Have insight on new methods that lead to different understandings of the holy Quran.
- Understanding the Extent of Quran as a Divine Law.
- The contextual reading of Quran and its importance in clearing the misconceptions on some Verses
- Reading Quran through Hermeneutical Analysis.
- on the importance of consistency in reading the Quran.
- Modern translation of the Quran and its importance in avoiding the radicalization.
- Different Readings of Selected Verses from Radicalisation to Deradicalization.
- The political discourse of the Quran and its impact on radicalisation.
- Factors contribute to radicalization and extremism, and how Quran can eliminate them?
- Why has Islam been accused of radicalising people?
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTSLive Online Students PAIS uses Zoom for Education to help students and instructors connect and collaborate live online. In order to access the Live class sessions student should have access to a computer, laptop or smartphone. Student should also have access to a high speed internet along with Webcam, a headphone and a microphone in order to effectively participate in the live sessions.
- Obtainning key knowledge of new methods of comprehending the Quranic text.
- Demonestrating a critical ability of analysing the Quranic text to fit contemporary time.
- The ability of providing a reformed understanding of the Quran.
- Gaining a practical knowledge on a moderated understanding of social, political, and legal cases.
- Obtaining a certain level of ability to properly utilise the contextual reading of Quran as a consistent way of analysing the text.
- Obtaining an ability to utilise the contextual reading of Quran to clarify many of misconception about Islam and Quran.
- Gaining an ability of reading Quran through hermeneutical analysis (in depth exegesis of the Quran).
- An ability to comprehend a methodological contextual reading of Quran for a deradicalized understanding of the Quran.
- Gaining consistent ability in comprehending the Quran by providing a proper and moderate understanding of the Quran.
- Obtaining knowledge on different areas of the Quran and its rulings that refute the radicalisation perception on the text.
- Obtaining specific knowledge on how the traditional translation of the Quran from Arabic to English resulted in radicalized understandings and misconceptions.
- Obtaining the knowledge to avoid the perception on the Quran being a radicalisation instrument.
- Obtaining the ability to analyse some verses to explain how different readings can change the verse’s meaning from radicalised implication to a deradicalized one.
- Obtaining a comprehensive understanding of the Quran between radicalization and deradicalization.
- Obtaining a certain level of knowledge on the nature of Quranic discourse on politics and its related matters and its relationship with radicalisation.
- An ability to refute the perception that Quran is inciting extremism and radicalization.
- Obtaining knowledge on how Quran refutes the radicalized narratives that lead to extremism.
- An ability to provide an alternative contemporary understanding of the Quranic text.
- An ability to answer how misunderstanding of Quranic texts led some Muslims to fall into extremism.
- An ability to use different methods that utilise Quranic texts to eradicate extremism.
- Registration fee for this course is Free.
- Live Sessions are held as per schedule.
- For CPD accredited courses, students are required to attend all allocated Live Sessions
- Student maybe required to take part in independent studies on an individual or group basis.
- Participation in discussion is essential.