- Live Online
- Blended Learning
- 3 Year ( Full Time)
- 4 Years ( Part Time)
- START DATES
- TBC – Subject to Demand
This course has been designed to cover the main features of Islamic commercial law and Islamic finance while highlighting their application in the modern world. It will present a careful study of laws related to, investment, business, financial contracts, corporate law, and commercial transactions. Topics of contemporary focus including mortgages, insurance, interest, speculation and risk taking will also be addressed throughout.
COURSE INSTRUCTORS / CONTRIBUTORS
The course covers the following topics
- Introduction to Islamic Commercial and Financial Law
- Formation and Classification of Contracts
- Requirements of a Valid Contract
- Debt and Remittance
- Overview of Islamic Banking and the Concept of Riba
- Speculation, Risk Taking and Gharar
- Overview of Islamic Financial Contracts and Modes
- Islamic Insurance (Takaful)
- The Islamic Taxation System
By the end of this programme you will be able to..
- Understand the salient features of Islamic Commercial Law and Finance by appreciating the importance of the economic theory in Islam, which takes into account the material, spiritual, social and political aspects of human life.
- Enhance their knowledge and understanding of the key principles and concepts, sources, standards, methodology, and the application of Islamic law in relation to the financial sector.
- Have insight on pressing contemporary issues concerning the legality of their application alongside comparative jurisprudential views, and their implementation in both Muslim and non-Muslim countries.
- Develop a critical understanding on some of the misconceptions that exist within the traditional sphere of this arena through their engagement with contemporary counter-arguments.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTSLive Online Students PAIS uses Zoom for Education to help students and instructors connect and collaborate live online. In order to access the Live class sessions student should have access to a computer, laptop or smartphone. Student should also have access to a high speed internet along with Webcam, a headphone and a microphone in order to effectively participate in the live sessions.
- For CPD accredited courses, students are required to attend all allocated Live Sessions
- Student maybe required to take part in independent studies on an individual or group basis.
- Participation in discussion is essential.
- Scholarship subject to Terms and Conditions. Click to Apply
- 15% Group Discount
- 15% Multi Course Discount
- Corporate Day Courses Available – Contact us for more information