- Live Online
- 20 Hours
- COURSE FEE
- £195.00 – £395.00
This introductory course will walk you through the history and the development of the Islamic legal system, the formation of schools of law, the sources of Islamic Law and the general principles of Islamic jurisprudence. It will also touch upon the important discussion on tolerance in Islamic Law and the diversity of opinions that exists in Islamic scholarship. This introductory course is designed to simplify the students’ understanding of the intricate inner working of Islamic Law in its entirety. This rich and multifaceted subject takes you on a journey through a world in dire need for further exploration though an academic comparison drawn between traditional Islamic Law, the Quranic text and its understanding.
COURSE INSTRUCTORS / CONTRIBUTORS
The course covers the following topics:
Divine Law, the Concept of Shari’ah and Islamic Rulings
History of Islamic Law: The Beginning and the Formative Period
Development of Islamic Law and the Advent of Hadith
Formation of Prominent Legal Schools and Their Distinct Qualities
Emergence of Other Schools of Thought in Islamic History
Primary Sources of Islamic Law: Quran and Sunnah/Hadith
Secondary Sources of Islamic Law
Tolerance in Islamic Law and Diversity of Opinions
Branches of Islamic Law and Their Application in Today’s World
By the end of this programme you will be able to..
- Understand the history and the development of the Islamic legal system from its Conception through the formative period and how it evolved over time up until now.
- Gain perspective on the sources of Islamic Law, their classifications as well as their authority and applicability.
- Appreciate diversity in the significant jurisprudential differences that prevail amongst scholarly views while learning to navigate through the bulk of laws that exist today.
- Develop a critical understanding of Islamic Law, its branches, and their application both in Muslim and non-Muslim Countries.
This course is designed for newcomers and professionals operating across a range of industries interested in gaining valuable information in this niche and dynamic area of Islamic Law.
Live Online Students PAIS uses Zoom for Education to help students and instructors connect and collaborate live online. In order to access the Live class sessions student should have access to a computer, laptop or smartphone. Student should also have access to a high speed internet along with Webcam, a headphone and a microphone in order to effectively participate in the live sessions.
- Live Sessions are held on Monday and Tuesday from 6-8 PM GMT
- For CPD accredited courses, students are required to attend all allocated Live Sessions
- Student maybe required to take part in independent studies on an individual or group basis.
- Participation in discussion is essential.
- Course fee for this course is £395
- Students have access to course materials for 3 months from date of registration.
- Scholarship subject to availability. Apply here.
- Scholarship subject to Terms and Conditions. Click to Apply
- 15% Group Discount
- 15% Multi Course Discount
- Corporate Day Courses Available – Contact us for more information