- Live Online
- 20 Hours
- COURSE FEE
- £195.00 – £395.00
This course addresses a key question on gender equality in Islamic Law by exploring whether men and women are equal in the eyes of Quran. The syllabus will focus on introducing a contemporary understanding of the targeted issues compared to the traditional debates in relation to marriage, divorce, domestic violence, the right of women in inheritance, child custody, adoption as well as their status as a witness.
COURSE INSTRUCTORS / CONTRIBUTORS
The course covers the following topics:
- Marriage and its Conditions
- Polygamy and Temporary Marriage
- Superiority of Men over Women
- Domestic Violence and Nushuz
- The Right to Divorce and Post-Divorce Rights
- Child Custody, Guardianship and Adoption
- Women’s Share of Inheritance
- Female Testimony
- Female Slavery
By the end of this programme you will be able to..
- Understand the controversial aspects of Islamic Family Law through enhancing their knowledge on prevailing misconceptions as well as contemporary debates.
- Explain the difference between the traditional and modern interpretations of the Quranic verses in question and the importance of understanding Arabic in decoding the Quranic message.
- Develop a critical understanding of Islamic Family Law concerning issues related to gender inequality and the surrounding arguments.
- Have insight on the application of current legislations in predominately Muslim and non-Muslim countries in this regard.
This course is designed for newcomers and professionals operating across a range of industries interested in gaining valuable information in this niche and dynamic area of Islamic Finance.
Live Online Students
PAIS uses Zoom for Education to help students and instructors connect and collaborate live online. In order to access the Live class sessions student should have access to a computer, laptop or smartphone. Student should also have access to a high speed internet along with Webcam, a headphone and a microphone in order to effectively participate in the live sessions.
- Live Sessions are held on Monday and Tuesday from 6-8 PM GMT
- For CPD accredited courses, students are required to attend all allocated Live Sessions
- Student maybe required to take part in independent studies on an individual or group basis.
- Participation in discussion is essential.
- Registration fee for this course is £395
- Students have access to course materials for 3 months from date of registration.
- Scholarship subject to Terms and Conditions. Click to Apply
- 15% Group Discount
- 15% Multi Course Discount
- Corporate Day Courses Available – Contact us for more information